For students with disabilities
EU-CONEXUS partners aim at developing a disability-inclusive higher education environment in order to ensure that students with disabilities are not excluded from higher education and that their potential is realised.
In this respect, EU-CONEXUS partners are always searching for solutions and services to best support inclusion and equity and accommodate the different backgrounds, needs and aspirations of students through different approaches, initiatives and methods.
EU-CONEXUS partners have ensured that all conditions required for developing suitable disability-inclusive policies are in place and that services and support for all students to succeed, irrespective of their background and experiences, are provided.
At most of EU-CONEXUS partners, students with special educational needs, learning difficulties, and / or disabilities will find :
- dedicated department or specialist to assess their needs and assist them with psychological support, counseling services, educational activities, etc…;
- some adapted infrastructures;
- educational materials with adapted software and devices;
- incentive to participate in academic exchange programmes;
- adapted access to study programmes;
- training of teaching staff to support them but also training of students, who volunteer to accompany their peers;