EU-CONEXUS AISBL (EU-CONEXA)
The international non-profit association (association internationale sans but lucrative – AISBL) was created under Belgian law for the management of EU-CONEXUS. The EU-CONEXUS partner universities have decided to set-up this legal entity in order to centralise and rationalise the administration of selected joint activities and/or procedures. Thus, it serves as a testbed for an operational collaboration framework for a European University Alliance.Contacts
The EU-CONEXUS AISBL pursues the following non-profit and international goals:
to promote and coordinate the four missions of the European University for Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability EU-CONEXUS: Education, Research, Innovation, Service to Society
to develop and implement a long-term partnership and cooperation strategy based on a common vision and values in relation to the four missions.
The seat of the association has been chosen in Belgium considering the “neutrality” of the seat country which is not a partner country in the Alliance and the opportunity to establish a “policy monitoring office” for EU-CONEXUS in Brussels close to the European institutions.The AISBL is financed by the Erasmus+ project EU-CONEXUS Plus and contributions from the EU-CONEXUS partner universities and has a clearly defined and commonly agreed activity spectrum within the Erasmus+ project activities.
Members of the Association
Organs of the Association
General Assembly: Composed of the Members represented each by its Rector
- Jean-Marc Ogier, Rector of La Rochelle Université
- Spyridon Kintzios, Rector of Agricultural University of Athens
- José Manuel Pagán Agulló, Rector of Catholic University of Valencia
- Artūras Razbadauskas, Rector of Klaipeda University
- Dijana Vican, Rector of University of Zadar
- Radu-Sorin Văcăreanu, Rector of University Technical of Civil Engineering Bucharest
- Veronica Campbell, Rector of South East Technological University
- Elizabeth Prommer, Rector of University of Rostock
- George Demosthenous, Rector of Frederick University
President of the General Assembly: Appointed by the General Assembly the President chairs the General Meetings and the meetings of the Executive Board.
- Jean-Marc Ogier, Rector of La Rochelle Université and EU-CONEXUS Governing Board Chair
Executive Board: Appointed by the General Assembly, the Executive Board steers and supervises the operational management of the Association.
- Jean-Marc Ogier, Rector of La Rochelle Université and Chair of the EU-CONEXUS Governing Board
- Radu-Sorin Văcăreanu, Rector of University Technical of Civil Engineering Bucharest and Vice-Chair of the EU-CONEXUS Governing Board
- Artūras Razbadauskas, Rector of Klaipeda University, Member of the EU-CONEXUS Governing Board
Directors: Appointed by the General Assembly, the Directors take care of the operational management of the Association.
- Isabella Baer-Eiselt, EU-CONEXUS Executive Director
- Laura Delvaux, EU-CONEXUS Vice-Director