This joint Masters programme in Marine Biotechnology is an integrated multidisciplinary programme offered within the framework of one of the first transnational European universities.
The programme provides the student with a high-quality academic education, building professional competences in the area of marine biotechnology (also called blue biotechnology) and helping to address its global challenges.
It will ensure that students:
- essential interdisciplinary training in key topics related to Marine Biotechnology;
- opportunities to specialise within one of the four thematical tracks: (1) Innovative Bioproducts for Future; (2) Blue Biomass; (3) Marine Biorefinery; (4) Aquaculture Biotechnology;
- a tailored study programme according to their aspirations via individual professional practice (internship), individual research (academic research integration) and thesis work.
This Marine Biotechnology Masters gives the student multiple travel options within the alliance.
Students are integrated into a multicultural study group and a professional network, offering an immersive system of project-based learning in the ‘real world’ economy.
The JMPMB is focussed on applications of Marine Biotechnology to the health, cosmetics and agri-food sectors, leading the students through a pipeline on marine biotechnology including:
- biochemical and genomic prospecting tools for searching new molecules from aquatic resources.
- microorganisms, micro-algae and seaweed biomass production as the feedstock of new compound and.
- biochemical and biotechnology tools for extraction and functionalization of new compounds obtained from marine biomass for application to health, cosmetics and agri-food sectors.