Professional and Scientific Communication and Networking in Multidisciplinary Environment
1st EU-CONEXUS PhD Summer School
The European University for Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability invites PhD students of EU-CONEXUS universities to master professional and scientific communication and to gain experience working in interdisciplinary research teams participating in the 1st EU-CONEXUS PhD Summer School.
When and where?
26 – 30 July 2021
Zadar, Croatia / Blended / Virtual*
- Rich, diverse, and stimulating mini-curriculum.
- Hands-on teaching of current practices and trends in interdisciplinary research.
- Networking with each other, but also with internationally recognised experts.
- Insights and feedback from renowned experts in the field.
- Access to focused “meta-knowledge” of experts (e.g., about projects, EU research projects, jobs, publishing, etc.).
- Development of research programme and profile.
- Collaboration and continues work with experts.
EU-CONEXUS Summer School participants will receive certificate and transcript of records (ToR) which will be valid for the credits transfer or recognition at their home universities. 2 ECTS (50 hours).
The Summer School is free of charge to all selected participants. EU-CONEXUS will cover travelling, accommodation and daily allowance costs.
Who can participate?
- PhD students from all EU-CONEXUS (member and associated member) universities,
- from all research areas and of any PhD studies year,
- having C1 English.
Application is closed
The participants will receive the
PhD summer school certificate and
During 1-week summer school about 35 PhD students will participate in:
- Seminars, given by the experts in interdisciplinary research, project development and communication,
- Workshops to apply the theory and expertise in practice: all participants will be assigned to interdisciplinary research projects (5-6 students per project) and will work on them, guided by the experts of the summer school,
Networking, field visits, cultural events.
After the EU-CONEXUS PhD Summer School the participants will be able to:
- gain experience working in interdisciplinary research teams,
- apply integrated concepts, datAppla, techniques, tools, perspectives etc. from various research fields,
- gain knowledge and practise of efficient scientific networking,
- design and develop an intermultidisciplinary research projects,
- practise and improve scientific and professional communication,
- effectively communicate with various stakeholders and to present research project and results,
- scrutinise current/planned PhD research and reflect on potential research integrity issues and strategies to mitigate these.