EU-CONEXUS online event “Kick-start Your Career!” a success among students with over 270 registrants
On Wednesday, October 25th, the online careers event “Kick-start Your Career!”, presented by South East Technical University (SETU), attracted over 270 registrants including students from all 9 EU-CONEXUS Alliance Universities. The event, spearheaded by the SETU, featured representation from industry and each partner university, and offered practical career tips for students on their journey to success. Attendees had the opportunity to engage in direct discussions and pose questions to presenters, resulting in insightful interactions and thought-provoking comments.
Topics and speakers included:
- How to highlight your skills and experiences in interviews with Christelle Tallon, La Rochelle Université
- How to succeed in your first job with Sinéad English, Founder of Hilt Career Consulting, Limerick
- Rock your profile presented by LinkedIn with Juanjo Marle, Head of Talent of ESIN Group, Headhunter, Behavioural Analyst, Speaker, Human Resources
- Skills employers are looking for with Ala Minkevičienė,HR director in Western Shipyard BLRT GRUPP
- Dealing with interview success and rejection with Severina Mamić, University of Zadar
- Inter-cultural communication skills with Sabine Brüser, Universität Rostock
- Navigating life after college – deciding on your next career move. Building professional networks and using placements as a career compass with Antonis Vlassopoulos, Geoponiko Panepistimion Athinon
- How to stand out from the crowd – creating a winning CV with Andrea Athanasiou, Frederick University
- Transferable skills with Mihaela Iftode, Universitatae Technia de Constructii Bucuresti
Speaking after the event Dr Rebecca Power, Senior Project Officer for the EU-CONEXUS Career Network at the SETU Careers Development Centre, said “The diversity of topics gave students the opportunity to learn something new, but also to find inspiration. Many of the presentations offered practical tips and tools to assist students on kick-starting their career journey”. Dr Power added “Importantly, for those who registered but could not attend, each presentation was recorded and will be uploaded to the JobTeaser platform in the coming days. We would also like to encourage attendees to share their feedback on the event through the provided feedback questionnaire”.
Angela Collins, Head of The Careers Development Centre at SETU Waterford, felt that the presentation topics covered in the “Kick-start your Career” event provided students with valuable hints and tips to jump-start their careers. She emphasised the importance of the advice not only in securing a job or career, but also in excelling in the workplace. Angela extended her gratitude to the industry partners and her careers colleagues who delivered excellent presentations, acknowledging the value of their time and knowledge-sharing. She also thanked the students who participated in the event, recognising their other university commitments during a busy time of the year.
JobTeaser is the chosen platform for the EU-CONEXUS Careers Network. It is a valuable resource for students to access information about job opportunities and internships across Europe, as well as useful resources (webinars, articles, quizzes, videos) to help students with their career journey. Students (undergraduate and postgraduate) can register their details on JobTeaser at https://www.eu-conexus.eu/en/2021/11/25/conexus-career-center-on-job-teaser-launch/
A survey has been compiled to gain feedback on this event, which can be completed here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KC87ZPK
Please email: CAREER-CENTRE@EU-CONEXUS.EU