EU-CONEXUS RFS thematic conference on interdisciplinarity: Sustainable Development of Maritime Tourism
CALL FOR THE 1st VIRTUAL INTERDISCIPLINARY CONFERENCE ‘SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF MARITIME TOURISM’ ON 21 NOVEMBER 2022
Within the project Research For Society, the University of Zadar is organising a conference cycle on interdisciplinary research in Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability (SmUCS).
This call is addressed to all EU-CONEXUS partner institutions and their researchers, with the purpose of coming together on topics of common interest. All conferences and roundtables will deal with the challenges of coastal areas’ sustainable development.
- 1st conference theme: Sustainable development of maritime tourism, which will observe the phenomenon of tourism and its growth from a sociological, economic, and environmental aspect.
- 2nd conference theme: Blue heritage, a conference that would focus on the relationship between man and heritage under the common blue umbrella, including the underwater heritage and islands.
- 3rd conference theme: Blue economy in urban coastal areas, covering various themes with an interdisciplinary approach, from sustainable agriculture, fisheries, aquaculture, and seafaring.
The conference will be held online on 21 November 2022 and will explore the theme: Sustainable Development of Maritime Tourism
The phenomenon of coastal tourism and its rapid growth will be observed, along with its environmental, sociological and economical effects, both positive and negative. As sub-topics for the conference roundtable, we can offer:
- ecological effects of tourism
- the impact of tourism on the local community,
- heritage and tourism,
- food and tourism,
- smart tourism,
- well-being tourism
On the registration platform, you can choose up to 3 topics of your interest, or suggest others.
The event will be held online (Zoom platform) and will include three parts:
- Introductory lecture: keynote speaker Izidora Marković Vukadin, PhD from the Institute for Tourism (Zagreb, Croatia). The lecture will be broadcasted.
- Short presentation by a researcher from each partner university (up to 10-15 minutes per presentation) in which they will present their research from the field on the theme of the event. Researchers should send their topic proposals and a summary (by filling in the event registration form) by 22nd September 2022 and presentations by 1st November 2022.
- A roundtable/workshop will be held after this event on a topic that the majority of partners choose via the questionnaire.
Please register on this platform to receive the conference details and select up to 3 topics of your interest for the roundtable.
We hope to see you there!
The EU-CONEXUS RFS team