Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest hosts Excellence Gala Awards
Our partners from UTCB encouraged and recognized the outstanding achievements of their community by organizing an event that honors the efforts of the academic and student community, but also the valuable support of their partners and collaboraters. Through the Excellence Gala Awards they also marked the involvement of students and partners at the Ukrainian Refugees Center of the university, one of the largest in Romania.
The event was organized by Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest, with the support of three organizations in the field of constructions – the Federation of Patronages of Construction Societies (FPSC), the Social House of Constructors (CASOC) and the General Federation of Trade Unions FAMILIA (FGS FAMILIA).
At the opening of the event, the rector of the university and Vice-President of our Alliance, Prof. Dr. Eng. Radu Văcăreanu, spoke about the constant steps the university undertakes to support future specialists in the field of civil engineering, by offering them access to the European Universities Alliance – EU–CONEXUS, as well as the chance to get in direct contact with the most important companies in the industry.
The rector of UTCB also marked the importance of education oriented towards innovation and towards the digitalization of the construction sector in Romania, stating the mission of the university to train the next generations and to focus its actions on the development of partnerships that strengthen the importance of human resources in the field of constructions.
In the second half of the event, Appreciation Diplomas for the categories – education, research, volunteering and involvement in the refugees center social cause – were given to professors, students, collaboraters and partners. The awards were established by the university’s Administrative Board.
Awards for outstanding results in education
- Faculty of Civil, Industrial and Agricultural Buildings – dr. Tudor Macavei, who also offered digital support to all the teachers in UTCB involved in the Minor Programmes
- Faculty of Building Services Engineering – dr. Angel Dogeanu
- Faculty of Faculty of Hydrotechnics – dr. Ștefan Dragoș Găitănaru, who is also the EU-CONEXUS Coastal Engineering Institute Manager and is involved in EU-CONEXUS Minor Courses
- Faculty of Railways, Roads and Bridges – dr. Claudia Petcu
- Faculty of Mechanical Equipment for Constructions and Robotics – dr. Cătălin Fâncu
- Faculty of Geodesy – dr. Ana Cornelia Badea – also Professor Coordinator of an UTCB Minor Course and PhD Open Course
- Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages – dr. Anca Bunea
Awards for outstanding results in research
- Faculty of Civil, Industrial and Agricultural Buildings – dr. Ion Mierluş-Mazilu – participant in an EU–CONEXUS Researchers Mobility in Athens
- Faculty of Building Services Engineering – dr. Tiberius Catalina, involved in EU– CONEXUS Minor Courses
- Faculty of Hydrotechnics – Lecturer Marilena Jianu
- Faculty of Railways, Roads and Bridges – dr. Adela Gabriela Mihai
- Faculty of Geodesy – dr. Paul Daniel Dumitru
- Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages – Ph.D. Andreea Căsuţă
- Faculty of Faculty of Mechanical Equipment for Constructions and Robotics – Dr. Ioan Mihail Savaniu
Faculty of Civil, Industrial and Agricultural Buildings – Student Seismic Design Competition 2022, 3rd place
- Radu Vasilescu participant at the EU-CONEXUS Forum How to build the University of the Future? in Brussels
- Mihai Alois Platon
- Mihai Sebastian Alexandru
- Radu Cristian Dumitriu
- Mihaela Gabriela Oancea
- Ana Maria Dincă
- Eliza Mariana Lisenchi
- Paul Balaban
Faculty of Hydrotechnics
- Gabriela Mitriș
Faculty of Railways, Roads and Bridges
- Alexia Radu – UTCB Minor Student that that will represent EU-CONEXUS in European Student Assembly in Strasbourg, 31st of May-2nd of June 2023
Faculty of Building Services Engineering – Vatra Efden Team
- Rareș Micloș – UTCB participant at the EU-CONEXUS Forum How to build the University of the Future? in Brussels 2022
- Andrei Mondiru
- Vasile Nichi
- Florin Sîvu
- Ioel Giger – UTCB participant at the international event EU–CONEXUS Sustainability Days in La Rochelle, 2021
- Tiberiu Andronoiu
Faculty of Mechanical Equipment for Constructions and Robotics
- Ionuț Florinel Iaru
Faculty of Geodesy
- Simona-Andreea Stănilă
Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages
- Antonia Dinu – former EU-CONEXUS Minor Student in Coastal Development and Sustainable Maritime Tourism.
Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest – Professor of the year – dr. Tudor Macavei
Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest – Researcher of the year – dr. Adela Gabriela Mihai
Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest – Students of the year
First Prize – Students from Seismic Design Competition Team in Salt Lake City, USA 2022
Mention – Students from Solar Decathlon Europe in Wuppertal, Germany Team 2022
Awarded to students from UTCB’s Student Association – ASCB – involved in the organization of the university’s biggest event, ConstructFEST, the largest constructions fair in Romania that gathers annually the most representative companies in the field, stakeholders, future civil engineers, students and potential students.
Also, a special moment was the awarding of Diplomas of Appreciation for the activity of students involved in “Francophonie and sustainable development” for notable results in the Student Competition for the conversion of an industrial area in Bucharest, organized in 2022 by the OIF Representation of the International Organization of Francophonie in Central Europe, in partnership with Nod Makerspace, the University Agency of Francophonie AUF – Central and Eastern Europe (one of the international partners of EU-CONEXUS), Bucharest National University of Arts UNARTE, with the support of the Canadian Embassy in Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova. The students were awarded by the Francophone Employability Center (CEF – AU F– UTCB) and EU– CONEXUS office in UTCB.
- Maria Niamh Bratcovici – current EU-CONEXUS Minor Student in Coastal Development and Sustainable Maritime Tourism and UTCB representative in EU–CONEXUS Student Board Meeting in La Rochelle 2022
- Antonia Dinu
- Gabriela Mitriș
- Roberto Costin Popa – Doctoral School – participant in in two EU–CONEXUS PhD Summer Schools in Zadar 2021 and in Valencia 2022
- Simona Şerban – Doctoral School – participant in the EU-CONEXUS PhD Summer School in Valencia 2022.
Last but not least, we appreciated our students, community and partners for their involvement in the Refugees Center activity that constantly hosts 200 refugees. The main partners are City Hall of Sector 2 Bucharest, UNICEF, Four Change, Estuar, Terre des Hommes, Agence universitaire de la Francophonie, International Organization for Migration – OIM, UNHCR – The UN Refugee Agency, Habitat for Humanity, World Vision Romania, Médecins du Monde, Metropolitan Library Bucharest, New Horizons Foundation, Concelex, Rotary Construcții, ApaNova, Hands Across Romania, ANAIS, ADRA, eLiberare, ADPARE, Estuar and Parada Association.
Our congratulations go out to all the winners!