EU-CONEXUS talked Research and Innovation at European scale at the European Research Area (ERA) Action 13 Subgroup meeting
EU-CONEXUS talked Research and Innovation at European scale at the European Research Area (ERA) Action 13 Subgroup meeting.
On May 4th, members of the ERA Action 13 Subgroup* gathered to talk about the role and ambition of European Universities regarding research and innovation at European scale. More specifically they alluded to:
- The European added value for reinforcing research and innovation intensity in universities or networks of universities?
- How to better coordinate between member statesand the European Union to raise excellence in universities, and to support trailblazer institutions?
- Empowering universities, towards an action plan:
- Identifying the most feasible and relevant actions, on the short (2025), medium (2026-2027), and long term (>2027)?,
- Defining how to foster concrete synergies with education?
- Finding ways to better align EU and national/regional efforts
- The next steps to take.
Jean-Marc Ogier, President of EU-CONEXUS, took part in the event alongside representatives of member states, and research experts. There, he testified of the impacts and added value of European Universities to intensify Research & Innovation at European levels.
“This meeting was an opportunity to highlight the structuring of European research offered by the alliances, within a sustainable framework. The presence of the DGEAC at this meeting also made it possible to highlight the European Commission’s ambition to work within a holistic framework, decompartementalizing training, research, innovation, and the relationship with the territories.”, Jean-Marc Ogier, President of EU-CONEXUS.
Highlighting the added value of the “SwafS – Science with and for Society” and “Horizon 2020” funds, perceived by our European University, Jean-Marc Ogier explained how it has – and still – allowed us to:
- specialize ourselves on Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability,
- harmonize, foster and strengthen cooperation and collaboration through the launch of associated projects such as “RFS: Research For Society” through which global initiatives involving other communities of researchers, stakeholders and the public are taken (eg. Hackathon 2023, Conferences cycle…)
- fund and enhance research mobilities,
- implement post-doctorale programmes, joint research institutes, systems to open access to knowledge and resources (RIIS, OpenAire Gateway, innovation hub).
*The ERA Action 13 Subgroup is one of the subgroup initiated by the ERA Forum. This forum, launched in 2000 by the European Commission with the will to “create a single, borderless market for research, innovation and technology across the European Union” gathers the key contributors to European research and innovation of each European country.