The international winners of the 3rd edition of the EU-CONEXUS School Contest ‘Think Smart, Create Green’
Our 3rd edition of the EU-CONEXUS International School Contest ‘Think Smart, Create Green’ has officially come to an end! We would like to congratulate all the teams who made it to the international phase of the contest, we are very proud of you all! We are delighted to share with you the news you have been waiting for!
Our six international winners are:
Age category 12-14
- 1st place – Team from Ireland – The Sustainable way to Go!
- 2nd place – Team from Cyprus – The Shellhive
- 3rd place – Team from Lithuania – Tiny Green Feet Towards Environmentally Friendly School
Age category 14-16
- 1st place – Team from Greece – Portland
- 2nd place – Team from Lithuania – ECO – CITY
- 3rd place – Team from Romania – Bio-Coast
At this 3rd edition, we invited pupils to transform their either their school into a Sustainable Green Building or an existing area of their city into a smart and sustainable one. The School Contest is one of the activities organized by the EU-CONEXUS University to School Programme, a Programme dedicated to maintaining a close relationship with the schools within our Alliance and to bring European opportunities to pupils as well. For the next 4 years, our partners from Romania – Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest are the ones leading this Programme.
By participating at this contest, pupils can:
- raise awareness about environmental sustainability
- develop English language skills
- trigger interest in other countries and cultures
- develop digital and creativity skills
- boost their team building skills
- become active for social change
We were highly impressed by their efforts, creativity, team spirit and we hope that they will continue to impact our future and to make it a smart and green one!
In order to stay updated with the upcoming activities we organize for schools, you can follow our activity on social media channels – Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter at @EUCONEXUS.
More information about this 3rd edition can be found here.