In 2025 the European University for Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability (EU‐CONEXUS) will become the unique European transnational higher education and research institution that is able to cover in a comprehensive, interdisciplinary manner societal challenges facing urbanised coastal areas and sustainable development.
EU-CONEXUS – the unique European transnational higher education and research institution that will be able to cover the smart urban sustainable coastal development from a global point of view, by cross disciplinary based approaches, vocational training, innovative and professionalizing educational and research methods and extensive service provision in the field of blue growth.
It will provide the tools and instruments to promote the comprehensiveness and quality of education, research and innovation in this area at a European and international level.
Its competitive advantage will be based on the decade‐long expertise of the partner universities as well as the dominant position of European industries in the area of “Blue Economy”.
Goals for 2022
- To provide common European degrees and common European diplomas;
- 50% mobility of students and academic personal;
- European higher education inter‐university ‘campus’ based on an ever‐closer academic and administrative integration;
- To integrate bachelor, master and PhD programmes which will combine the strengths in education, research and innovation;
- To integrate multidisciplinary, multilingual and innovative European University programme;
- To bring education and business nearer;
- To become the global leader in higher education and research in the area of smart urban coastal sustainability, with a perspective of expansion beyond the size of its founding consortium.